Kingston Thomas

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Solomon Stanley

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Josiah Phillip

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby Girl Pharr

pregnancy due date

Friday, November 6, 2009

Its The End Of The World As We Know It

My sweet Kingston, he is so thoughtful. I mean, he thinks about things so hard....he contemplates things. Anyway, a few months ago Kingston and I were watching "The Universe" on The History Channel. It was a show about the "inner planets" and they proceeded to say that in a billion or so years (which Kingston has no concept of) the sun is going to turn into a red giant star and swallow up the inner planets and everything on those planets will be completely burned up. They said all this before I realized what was happening and Kingston's eyes got as big as saucers. He looked at me and said, "Is that really going to happen?". I said, "No, Kingston, they don't know what they're talking about". We moved on and I thought (hoped) it had been forgotten about.

Fastforward a couple of months.

I was in the hospital with Josiah and my parents are lovingly caring for Kingston and Solomon. The week that I was in the hospital it rained nonstop, or so I'm told.

Mom was taking Kingston and Solomon to preschool. It was cloudy.

Kingston: "Grandmama, when is the sun going to turn into a red giant?"

Mom: "I don't think that is going to happen" (thinking he is thinking of a Jolly Green Giant or something)

Kingston: "It is! When is that going to happen?"

Mom thinking that since it is raining he is wondering when it is going to shine again: "I guess about noon today."

Kingston gets very quiet and starts just staring out the window for the rest of the way to school.

When they arrive at school, Kingston gets out of the car with his little Solar System backpack and turns around to Mom and says, "So, about noon today?". Mom says, "yes".

His teacher said that he was a little upset at naptime. Poor little guy. He probably thought it was the end and he needed to say his goodbyes. We haven't talked about it.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You already know how much I love this story. It is hilarious, yet SO SAD! Kingston is one of a kind. I hope he doesn't grow up too scarred from that day.

Marie said...

TOO funny. I can't tell you how many times that this story has come to my mind already and I just chuckle. Your poor, yet so brave, baby :)

Jeremy and Beka

Jeremy and Beka

About Me

Jeremy and Rebekah were married in July 2004 and have 3 beautiful sons, Kingston, Solomon, and Josiah. Jeremy is an attorney and Rebekah is a part-time Marriage and Family Therapist and a full-time mommy.