Kingston Thomas

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Solomon Stanley

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Josiah Phillip

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby Girl Pharr

pregnancy due date

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Murphy's Law

We arrived back home from Destin on Sunday just before 5:00. Our good friends from Indianapolis were in town for the weekend, and Sunday evening was the only time we could get together with them, so Jeff, Sarah, Ethan, and Sam all arrived at our house at 6:00. We had a great time, and as usually happens with them, we stay up late (for us anyway). They left our house around 10:45 after we had eaten, Solomon and Sam were sound asleep, and Ethan and Kingston had pulled out every toy out of every crevice they could find. Kingston didn't go to bed until 11:15, and Jeremy had to be at the aiport Monday morning at 4 am. This means that I had to get up and take him. Those of you that have children see the predicament I was in...kids went to bed late...I really don't want to wake them up at 4, put them in the car and drive to the airport only to come right back home. We called Zach to come sleep in the basement so I wouldn't have to get them up. I told Zach that the monitors would be on, but they probably wouldn't wake up while I was gone. Solomon woke up to eat, and I looked at the clock...3:20...perfect! I can nurse him and he'll go right back to sleep so I can leave and he for sure won't wake up while I'm gone. Here is the series of events. Keep in mind that we got home from the trip @ 5, company from 6 - 10:45, put Kingston in bed, clean up dishes, unpack necessities, and I'm in bed at 12:30. I am exhausted.

3:40 - Kingston wakes up and is screaming for me. He won't take Jeremy as a substitute.
3:50 - Solomon goes back to sleep. I put him in bed and head to Kingston's room to settle the matter.
3:59 - Kingston wants "Mama rock you". I don't have time. I sway back and forth a few times, give him a few pats on the back and he lays down contented.
4:10 - Run out the door and head to the airport.
4:45 - Get back home.
5:00 - Kingston is screaming "I'm wet!". I change his diaper, give him milk, and he falls back asleep in the chair.
5:30 - Solomon wakes up crying. I feed him.
6:00 - Bathe Solomon. I might as well stay up. If I try to go back to sleep, I am only going to become angry. Sleepy + angry = bad mothering
6:15 - Jeremy calls...his flight is canceled. The next flight is at 11:45...I could have gotten some sleep.
3:00 - Jeremy calls...his luggage is lost. By the way, this is his 3rd time to fly Delta Airlines and their 3rd time to lose his luggage. On a business trip, this results in him having to go buy new pants, shirt and tie. Luckily, he went prepared this time just in case and wore work clothes to the airport.

When it rains, it pours!!

2 comments:

Abigail and Ansley said...

OH, MY GOODNESS! That so sounds like something that would happen at our house! You are such a great mom! We miss you guys!

Kathy said...

Rebekah, I sent a link to this post to my friend Sara. I don't know if you guys know each other, but you seem to have a lot in common...

http://bscwalker.blogspot.com/2007/10/day-in-life.html

Jeremy and Beka

Jeremy and Beka

About Me

Jeremy and Rebekah were married in July 2004 and have 3 beautiful sons, Kingston, Solomon, and Josiah. Jeremy is an attorney and Rebekah is a part-time Marriage and Family Therapist and a full-time mommy.