Kingston Thomas

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Solomon Stanley

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Josiah Phillip

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby Girl Pharr

pregnancy due date

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Adventures in Motherhood!!

So today I guess I had several more adventures of motherhood. We met our friends the Sharpes for lunch at McDonald's in Green Hills because they have a huge play area. Kingston is usually pretty well behaved except every week he gets to the top of the play area and can't get down. For the most part though he gets along really well with the other kids. Today, however, I heard him scream his high-pitched, ear-piercing, "I'm mad" scream, and I looked just in time to see him slap at another little boy who was about 3. I yelled "Kingston Thomas Pharr!" and asked what happened. He said "that boy hit me in the face". I proceeded to give him the motherly speech about how that little boy didn't mean to and he shouldn't ever scream at or hit anyone else. So I followed Kingston over to where the little boy was standing and Kingston looked at him and said "I'm sorry". The little boy proceeding to kick Kingston in the knee. We gathered up our stuff and left.

We were in Green Hills and I have been meaning to stop and get some Estee Lauder lipstick for about 2 months, so I decided now was a convenient time. I broke my rule of trying not to take both of the kids anywhere that it is inappropriate for them to scream. I got my lipstick without any incident, but I pushed my luck. I saw a rack of dresses for $29 and decided to take a look. I'm browsing and I hear "I'm hiding from you" and I look...Kingston has escaped from the stroller. He is in the middle of a rack of clothing peeking at me from behind dresses. I go over to get him and he is laughing and runs to the other side of the rack where I can't reach him. We do this little dance for about a minute and I say "Fine. Solomon and I are leaving". Kingston proceeds to come outside of his hideout and knocks over the WHOLE 2 iron racks and sends dresses flying in a 6 foot radius. Humiliated, I set the racks up and put all the dresses back on.

I keep pushing my luck. I go to the dressing room. By this time, Solomon is screaming and Kingston spots himself in the mirror. Any of you that know Kingston know that he has no version of an inside voice, so he is talking to himself and laughing at his own replies in the mirror. When I come out of the dressing room, there were about 7 women standing in the vicinity staring at me. You know those scenes in movies when someone walks into a bar and everyone stares? It was like that. I'm pretty sure that we could be heard all over the Green Hills Macy's store.

I learned my lesson.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Us mothers need to shop too!! We can't help it if the little people with us have no filters, volume levels or even basic self control:)

Hope you found a cute dress and don't worry we've all been THAT mom at least once if not more

Jeremy and Beka

Jeremy and Beka

About Me

Jeremy and Rebekah were married in July 2004 and have 3 beautiful sons, Kingston, Solomon, and Josiah. Jeremy is an attorney and Rebekah is a part-time Marriage and Family Therapist and a full-time mommy.